CALGARY, Alta. – Continuing their solid play, the Sherwood Park Crusaders (AJHL) maintain hold of top spot in the latest Canadian Junior Hockey League Top 20 Rankings, release Monday.
Leading the nation with an .863 winning percentage, the Crusaders have won five straight and sport a record of 44-7-0 to stay No. 1 in the listings, compiled by an independent scouting source, for another week.
Despite having a lengthy victory run snapped last week, the Okotoks Oilers (AJHL) hold firm at No. 2 in the 131-team CJHL and are tied with Sherwood Park in points at 88, but have played one more game than their Alberta counterparts.
At 35-6-0-2, the Summerside Western Capitals (MHL) pace the Maritimes and are slotted No. 3 in the country this go around.
Another side playing well is the Coquitlam Express (BCHL) and they are tabbed No. 4 while boasting a 42-8-1-1 mark in British Columbia.
Getting the nod at No. 5 are the Battlefords North Stars (SJHL), who have gone 41-8-2-0 on the year in Saskatchewan.
Rounding out the Top 10 in the CJHL are the Brooks Bandits (AJHL); Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL); Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL); Braves de Valleyfield (LHJAAAQ) and the Oakville Blades (OJHL) who are fifth through 10th respectively.
2019-20 CJHL Top 20 Rankings (As of Feb. 10)
RK TEAM (LEAGUE) (PREVIOUS RANKING)
1. Sherwood Park Crusaders (AJHL) (1)
2. Okotoks Oilers (AJHL) (2)
3. Summerside Western Capitals (MHL) (4)
4. Coquitlam Express (BCHL) (7)
5. Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) (8)
6. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (5)
7. Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL) (6)
8. Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (3)
9. Braves de Valleyfield (LHJAAAQ) (9)
10. Oakville Blades (OJHL) (10)
11. Wellington Dukes (OJHL) (12)
12. Collège Français de Longueuil (LHJAAAQ) (16)
13. Timmins Rock (NOJHL) (11)
14. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (14)
15. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (15)
16. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (13)
17. Toronto Jr. Canadiens (OJHL) (17)
18. Titan de Princeville (LHJAAAQ) (18)
19. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (HM)
20. Thunder Bay North Stars (SIJHL) (20)
HONOURABLE MENTION: Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL); Flin Flon Bombers (SJHL); Blind River Beavers (NOJHL); Rayside-Balfour Canadians (NOJHL); Edmundston Blizzard (MHL)
ABOUT THE CJHL: The Canadian Junior Hockey League is made up of the 10 Junior ‘A’ leagues across Canada and five communities in the northern U.S. Representing 131 teams and over 3,000 players, the CJHL also boasts over 2,800 alumni furthering their hockey careers at the NHL, AHL, ECHL, CHL, NCAA and U SPORTS levels throughout North America.