NORTHERN ONTARIO JUNIOR HOCKEY LEAGUE
NOJHL NETWORK MEDIA UPDATE
Release Date: Monday, Nov. 2, 2015
Shake-up in CJHL rankings
SUDBURY – The latest Canadian Junior Hockey League Pointstreak top 20 rankings, which were announced Monday, sees a moves up at the top, but the Northern Ontario Junior Hockey League is still well represented.
The surging Soo Thunderbirds, who have reeled off 10th consecutive victories, are now the No. 3 ranked club in the CJHL in the listings compiled in conjunction with International Scouting Services.
Despite having an impressive 14-game winning streak snapped in Kirkland Lake Sunday, the Powassan Voodoos are still in the top five in the CJHL at No. 4 overall.
Rounding out the three NOJHL sides in the weekly listings is the Cochrane Crunch at No. 17.
At 15-1-0-0, the Thunderbirds boast the best winning percentage in the NOJHL at .938.
Holding a game in hand on the T-Birds, the 14-1-0-0 Voodoos now boast a .933 win mark with 13-3-1-1 Cochrane holding down a .778 winning percentage, which is third best in the league.
Winners of 18 in succession, the red-hot Penticton Vees (BCHL) are the new No. 1 team in the CJHL this week while the defending RBC Cup champion Portage Terriers (MJHL) have moved up to No. 2.
The following is the Pointstreak CJHL top 20 rankings and five honourable mention teams for the period ending Nov. 1:
POINTSTREAK CJHL TOP 20
RANK TEAM (LEAGUE) (LAST WEEK’S RANKING)
1. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (2)
2. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (4)
3. Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (6)
4. Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL) (1)
5. Lloydminster Bobcats (AJHL) (9)
6. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (3)
7. Melfort Mustangs (SJHL) (11)
8. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (5)
9. Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (8)
10. Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) (13)
11. College Francais de Longueuil (QJHL) (16)
12. Winkler Flyers (MJHL) (14)
13. Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) (10)
14. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (NR)
15. Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators (CCHL) (HM)
16. Woodstock Slammers (MHL) (19)
17. Cochrane Crunch (NOJHL) (20)
18. Sainte-Agathe Montagnards (QJHL) (7)
19. Weyburn Red Wings (SJHL) (HM)
20. Kingston Voyageurs (OJHL) (HM)
Honourable Mention: West Kelowna Warriors (BCHL), Camrose Kodiaks (AJHL), Georgetown Raiders (OJHL), Smiths Falls Bears (CCHL), Summerside Western Capitals (MHL)
ABOUT THE POINTSTREAK CJHL TOP 20 RANKINGS
The Pointstreak CJHL preseason rankings are based upon a variety of factors which includes the league in which the teams belong to, last season’s results in regular season and playoffs as well as initial recruiting efforts for the upcoming season.
ABOUT THE CJHL
The Canadian Junior Hockey League is a national organization comprised of all 10 Junior A hockey leagues in Canada.
The CJHL represents 131 teams and nearly 3,000 players and has just as many former players furthering their hockey careers at the professional, major junior and college level across North America.
For latest CJHL news and features, visit www.cjhlhockey.com and follow on Twitter at twitter.com/cjhlhockey or @cjhlhockey.
Specialized for the needs of leagues, teams, associations and governing bodies, Pointstreak Sports Technologies’ solutions streamline operations and improve the experience of sports participants, fans and media. Visit their website www.pointstreak.com.