NOJHL NETWORK MEDIA UPDATE
Release Date: Monday, Nov. 23, 2015
Thunderbirds; Voodoos; Crunch move up in CJHL rankings
SUDBURY – The Canadian Junior Hockey League’s Pointstreak top 20 rankings for the week are out and the top three Northern Ontario Junior Hockey League clubs continue to power their way up the listings.
The surging Soo Thunderbirds have moved all the way to No. 2 in the 131-team CJHL while the Powassan Voodoos climbed to seventh and the Cochrane Crunch went to 11th in the weekly rankings, which are compiled in conjunction with International Scouting Services.
Sault Ste. Marie boasts the top winning percentage in the NOJHL at .909 along with a solid 20-2-0-0 record.
Powassan is right there as well sporting a .905 win mark having gone 19-2-0-0 overall as they look to match the T-Birds with a win in a home game tonight vs. Rayside-Balfour.
Coming off a 2-0-0-1 road trip Cochrane climbed to 20-3-1-2 on the season and have a winning percentage of .827.
Despite having an impressive 23-game win streak snapped over the weekend, the Penticton Vees (BCHL) remains the No. 1 team in the CJHL for another week.
The Portage Terriers (MJHL), Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) and Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) round out the top CJHL’s top five as they sit in third, fourth and fifth respectively.
The following is the Pointstreak CJHL top 20 rankings and five honourable mention teams for the period ending Nov. 22:
POINTSTREAK CJHL TOP 20
RANK TEAM (LEAGUE) (LAST WEEK’S RANKING)
1. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (1)
2. Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (5)
3. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (2)
4. Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) (4)
5. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (3)
6. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (6)
7. Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL) (8)
8. Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (9)
9. Lloydminster Bobcats (AJHL) (7)
10. Winkler Flyers (MJHL) (11)
11. Cochrane Crunch (NOJHL) (12)
12. Summerside Western Capitals (MHL) (17)
13. Melfort Mustangs (SJHL) (14)
14. Ottawa Jr. A Senators (CCHL) (10)
15. Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) (13)
16. Whitecourt Wolverines (AJHL) (NR)
17. Salmon Arm Silverbacks (BCHL) (18)
18. College Francais de Longeueil (QJHL) (19)
19. Chilliwack Chiefs (BCHL) (15)
20. Sainte-Agathe Montagnards (QJHL) (20)
Honourable Mention: Brooks Bandits (AJHL), Sherwood Park Crusaders (AJHL), Kingston Voyageurs (OJHL), Brockville Braves (CCHL), Cumberland Grads (CCHL)
ABOUT THE POINTSTREAK CJHL TOP 20 RANKINGS
The Pointstreak CJHL preseason rankings are based upon a variety of factors which includes the league in which the teams belong to, last season’s results in regular season and playoffs as well as initial recruiting efforts for the upcoming season.
ABOUT THE CJHL
The Canadian Junior Hockey League is a national organization comprised of all 10 Junior A hockey leagues in Canada.
The CJHL represents 131 teams and nearly 3,000 players and has just as many former players furthering their hockey careers at the professional, major junior and college level across North America.
For latest CJHL news and features, visit www.cjhlhockey.com and follow on Twitter at twitter.com/cjhlhockey or @cjhlhockey.
Specialized for the needs of leagues, teams, associations and governing bodies, Pointstreak Sports Technologies’ solutions streamline operations and improve the experience of sports participants, fans and media. Visit their website www.pointstreak.com.